This page talks about my allergies, the symptoms I experiences, things I’ve learned and the entire allergy symptom list for each allergen. I hope this page helps you deal with your allergy or those of someone you love and care for. This is a challenging thing but much better life choice, to eat what’s good for us instead of what is available. Feeling good improves life in ways you won’t know unless you take your life and health into your own hands. Empowerment!
Tag Archives: wheat free
First, you’ll want to acquire some Wheat Free, Gluten Free Tortillas. If you don’t know how to make them or want to buy the ones I used on this recipe, I used Food For Life brand. I’ve attached a photo of the package and the ingredients for your review.
1 – can of beans you’d like to use for your mix. In this recipe I used Kidney beans. (high in iron and fiber) Substitute with black beans or pinto.
- Cook on low heat in 1/2 cup water or broth. (If using a broth be sure there are no allergens within yours – check online to be sure as there are hidden ingredients not listed on the package. Some broth companies say vegetables and I’ve found that ALL pre-packaged soups and broths contain 1-carrots and 2-garlic and many include Wheat Gluten.
- Once beans are soft, squash them into a paste.
- Add whole whipping cream, plain Kefir or Cream Cheese to smooth.
- Chop into 1/4″ squares 1/2 cup white onion and add to beans
- Add 1/3 cup water or broth.
- Season using safe seasonings for your allergy. (I create my own spice blends using a coffee grinder)
- Add 1.4 cup shredded or cubed cheddar Cheese and stir till blended.
- Add diced jalapenos (do not use marinated jalapenos if you have carrot or garlic allergy)
Avocado Cilantro Salsa
- In a small mixing bowl add 1/4 cup diced avocado (per serving)
- Add 3 table spoons of chopped Cilantro Leaf
- Cut lime into 8ths and squeeze the juice from one section over mixture
- Set aside
Jalapeno Chili Cream Cheese
- After removing shrimp from pan, take peppers and remaining sauce and place in a small mixing bowl
- Add 1/3 cup Cream Cheese per serving
- Add 1 tbsn diced jalapeno pepper
- Add chili powder (be sure to check label on bottle because many chili powders also contain garlic)
- Set aside
- Choose the number of shrimp per person (6 were used in this recipe)
- Place a tbsp of sunflower, sesame or grape seed oil into pan heat to medium tempurature
- Add 1 tbsp of minced jalapeno peppers
- Add 1 tbsp of Chili powder
- Add 1 tsp of onion powder (use garlic if you are not allergic)
- Add 1/4 cup white wine
- Add 1 tbsp Butter
- Once shrimp is white (fully cooked)
- Spread the re-fried bean substitute over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese of choice onto beans and cover with a plate (cheese will melt)
- Lay grilled shrimp on center of tortilla
- Apply the Jalapeno Cream Cheese to one side along the shrimp
- Apply the Avocado Cilantro salsa along opposite side of shrimp
**** Be sure to read the ingredients on your shredded cheese – some companies add wheat, potato starch and corn starch to keep the pieces from sticking to one another in the bag. When in doubt, shred your own.
I’ve never in my 48 years, ever been able to enjoy a brownie until today!
I started with a pre-mix brownie mix from:
The Cravings Place – Ooey Gooey Cholcolatey Chewy Brownie Mix. It is Gluten, wheat, nut, dairy, egg free.
In a large mixing bowl
- Add 1/3rd cup apple sauce –
- Add 3tbsp butter, 1/3 Cup heavy whipping Cream 3tbsp vanilla
- Melt their chocolate chunks within the water they call for.
- Mix the premix and other ingredients together using a fork.
- Spray Pam on the pan and pour mixture into a cake pan.
- Using a deeper dish (holds moisture better)
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes –
- Stab the center of the brownies using a wooden toothpick until it came out clean
- Allow to cool
- Remove from cake pan using a plate to hold contents in tact as you flip- it over to release it.
- Using another plate (same size and type) Flip the cake back over so the top as it was cooking is on top (it’s prettier)
- Create your frosting as show below
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Mix 1/2 cup softened cream cheese with 1/3 cup Nutella
- Add 1/4 cup Good Life gluten, egg, nut free chocolate chips to that and spread it over….
*** If you are also dairy intolerant or allergic substitute the dairy product with additional apple sauce. (mixture should be thick but not dry)