First, you’ll want to acquire some Wheat Free, Gluten Free Tortillas. If you don’t know how to make them or want to buy the ones I used on this recipe, I used Food For Life brand. I’ve attached a photo of the package and the ingredients for your review.
1 – can of beans you’d like to use for your mix. In this recipe I used Kidney beans. (high in iron and fiber) Substitute with black beans or pinto.
- Cook on low heat in 1/2 cup water or broth. (If using a broth be sure there are no allergens within yours – check online to be sure as there are hidden ingredients not listed on the package. Some broth companies say vegetables and I’ve found that ALL pre-packaged soups and broths contain 1-carrots and 2-garlic and many include Wheat Gluten.
- Once beans are soft, squash them into a paste.
- Add whole whipping cream, plain Kefir or Cream Cheese to smooth.
- Chop into 1/4″ squares 1/2 cup white onion and add to beans
- Add 1/3 cup water or broth.
- Season using safe seasonings for your allergy. (I create my own spice blends using a coffee grinder)
- Add 1.4 cup shredded or cubed cheddar Cheese and stir till blended.
- Add diced jalapenos (do not use marinated jalapenos if you have carrot or garlic allergy)
Avocado Cilantro Salsa
- In a small mixing bowl add 1/4 cup diced avocado (per serving)
- Add 3 table spoons of chopped Cilantro Leaf
- Cut lime into 8ths and squeeze the juice from one section over mixture
- Set aside
Jalapeno Chili Cream Cheese
- After removing shrimp from pan, take peppers and remaining sauce and place in a small mixing bowl
- Add 1/3 cup Cream Cheese per serving
- Add 1 tbsn diced jalapeno pepper
- Add chili powder (be sure to check label on bottle because many chili powders also contain garlic)
- Set aside
- Choose the number of shrimp per person (6 were used in this recipe)
- Place a tbsp of sunflower, sesame or grape seed oil into pan heat to medium tempurature
- Add 1 tbsp of minced jalapeno peppers
- Add 1 tbsp of Chili powder
- Add 1 tsp of onion powder (use garlic if you are not allergic)
- Add 1/4 cup white wine
- Add 1 tbsp Butter
- Once shrimp is white (fully cooked)
- Spread the re-fried bean substitute over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese of choice onto beans and cover with a plate (cheese will melt)
- Lay grilled shrimp on center of tortilla
- Apply the Jalapeno Cream Cheese to one side along the shrimp
- Apply the Avocado Cilantro salsa along opposite side of shrimp
**** Be sure to read the ingredients on your shredded cheese – some companies add wheat, potato starch and corn starch to keep the pieces from sticking to one another in the bag. When in doubt, shred your own.